The grant will be awarded to the applicant who, in the view of the selection panel, best demonstrates:
- The significance of their research topic;
- How the proposed fieldwork will be relevant to their approved research topic and the significance of the contribution that will make to it; and
- The potential for benefits from the proposed fieldwork, e.g. production of an article for submission to a refereed journal or refereed conference; development of creative art works for exhibition at a nationally or internationally recognised venue; local or other conference presentation; contribution to honours or higher degree program; development of a teaching resources; or potential benefits for the community or profession.
The candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled in one of the above listed higher degree research programs in the Art, Architecture and Design School:
- Have had their completed research proposal accepted and have been granted the appropriate ethics and/or safety clearancesw
- Be making satisfactory progress as indicated in the annual review of progress and/or provide a statement of support from their supervisor
- Present an application explaning how their research project will be enhanced by the travel; and
- Have had that application endorsed by their higher degree supervisor/s.
If you would like to be considered for this award please contact the AAD Research Team for an application form and send the completed form back by the end of October
Please direct any queries to AADResearch@unisa.edu.au