- Planning employment rates continue to exceed the Australian average (2013 Australian Graduates Survey).
- Opportunities for international field trips and work placements.
- More than 60 years of education experience in planning.
Previous graduates have found work in state and national agencies on projects such as:
- Planning and design of new towns and suburbs
- Energy-efficient housing
- New public transport services
- Assessment of development proposals in local and state government
- The protection of heritage buildings and landscapes
- Coastal planning.
Opportunities also exist in the private sector including planning consultancy companies and property and urban development companies.