- Stefanie Duhr, Research Professor in Urban and Regional Planning, recently contributed to the EU's competitive research funding processes as one of the expert evaluators on the EU Research Framework Programme Horizon2020 calling on ‘innovative solutions for inclusive and sustainable urban environments [TRANSFORMATIONS-03-2018-2019]’
- Ron Corso undertook consultancy work for Philmac Industries, facilitating the planning of Creative Thinking workshops for engineers and designers working on agricultural water distribution solutions
Presentations, Conferences and Events
- Ian Gwilt, Professor in Design, gave a presentation at the biannual meeting of the Australian Council of Graduate Research (ACGR), the national peak body for Deans, PVCs and others with institutional responsibility for graduate research programs in Australian and NZ universities. The talk addressed Practice-based Research Training and the multi-modal nature of creative research practice - implications for selection and admission, ethics training, progress and examination etc. The other speakers in the session were Associate Professor Sandra Gattenhof from QUT, who spoke about creative practice research at QUT and Associate Professor Bronwyn Lea, UQ, who spoke about creative writing as part of the PhD
- Ron Corso has conducted two workshops for Primary and Secondary teachers on applying a Creative Dimension to the general curriculum and the application of Design Thinking to the SACE Stage 1 and 2 Research Project. Participants were introduced to a range of methodologies utilised in our Creative Thinking courses in the School of Art, Architecture and Design, and strategies for applying these across disciplines to build creative capacities in students
- Robert Crocker moderated a webinar on Wednesday 22nd May on the topic of Beyond E-waste Recycling – Electronic Consumption and the Challenge of Sustainability. Robert is the Deputy Director of the China Australia Centre for Sustainable Urban Development.
- In May, the Creative Computing Studio in the Digital Transformations research concentration hosted choreographer Sarah Neville and the final year Dance program cohort of the Adelaide College of the Arts, producing a new dance work employing advanced motion capture and visualisation techniques, to be experienced in virtual reality in late 2019 at the AC Arts graduation performances and events.
- Dühr, Stefanie (2018). Stadt- und Raumentwicklung Niederlande [Urban and spatial development in the Netherlands]. Handwörterbuch der Stadt- und Raumentwicklung [Manual of urban and spatial development]. Akademie für Raumforschung und Landesplanung (ed.), Hannover: ARL, pp. 2297-2308. [in German]
- Biggs, Simon (2019). Exiting the Comfort Zone: From Algorithm to Interaction in the Early Work of Simon Biggs. Leonardo Journal, Volume 53 Issue 3, MIT Journals. Cambridge: Mass
- Blaiklock, David and Mignone, Jo. ‘Visual notation: an image making approach for communication in illustration education’ International Journal of the Image, Volume 10 Issue 2, 1-9.