The Adelaide Jubilee international Exhibition Building on North Terrace in 1897, when it was the home to the South Australian School of Mines and Industries (now University of South Australia). Image from the SASMI Annual Report 1897.
In collaboration with the Professional Historians Association (SA), History SA and Crossing Press, Sydney, the Architecture Museum produced a book about the Adelaide Jubilee International Exhibition and Building. The project received financial support from the Professional Historians Association (SA), the Adelaide City Council, an anonymous donor, the School of Art, Architecture and Design, and the Division of Education, Arts and Social Sciences at the University of South Australia. An editorial group representing all parties guided the project. Christine Garnaut, Bridget Jolly (PHA (SA)) and Julie Collins were the co-editors. Thirty-seven people were involved as authors, including AAD PhD students Susan Avey and Louise Bird. The book, Adelaide’s Jubilee International Exhibition 1887-1888: the event, the building, the legacy was launched by the Lord Mayor of Adelaide, Martin Haese, on 28 November 2016 in conjunction with an exhibition in the Kerry Packer Civic Gallery at the University of South Australia. The book is available through good bookstores, the publisher and the Architecture Museum. Please email email@example.com
Findings from the research are published as:
Garnaut, C, Collins, J and Jolly, B, (eds) 2016 Adelaide’s Jubilee International Exhibition 1887-1888: : the event, the building, the legacy, Crossing Press, Darlinghurst.
A flyer about the book can be found HERE.