Architecture Museum researchers Susan Lustri and Julie Collins researched and wrote a book on the history of the Architects Board of South Australia 1939-2009. The Architects Board of South Australia was established in 1940 following the passage of the Architects Act 1939 which legislated for the registration of architects. It functioned through world war in the 1940s, responded to various circumstances necessitating amendments to the Architects Act in the 1970s and 1980s, and addressed complex political and economic issues regarding de-regulation and competition in the 2000s. The Board had as its aims protecting the public through various means including registration, examination, accrediting architectural schools, and investigating complaints and breaches under the Act. The book was launched to coincide with the 50th year anniversary of the Architects’ Board of South Australia.
Funded by the Architects Board of South Australia.