Image: Rebecca Cole
- Priority will be given to proposals that...
- SASA Gallery aims and objectives
- Applicant information required
- Information about the exhibition
- Information about your collateral material and associated events
- Project Budget
- Support material
- Submitting Proposal and Further Information
- demonstrate a research based curatorial premise with a focus on experimental and innovative practice in art, architecture and/or design
- are clearly aligned with and support the SASA Galleries aims and objectives
- are accompanied by a scholarly catalogue
- demonstrate well considered project management and financing.
The South Australian School of Art (SASA) Gallery is a centre for high-quality research and an active site of teaching and learning. The aims of the SASA Gallery are to:
- showcase artists, designers, architects, curators and writers, who might be associated with the School of Art, Architecture and Design (AAD), in a national and international context
- support a program of exhibitions with a strong curatorial premise or rationale which focus on experimental and innovative creative practice in art, architecture and/or design
- engage in dialogue and extend critical debate about creative practice in art, architecture and/or design
- create opportunities, such as touring exhibitions, exchanges and residencies, for artists, designers, architects, curators and writers to engage in research of national and international relevance
- contribute to teaching and learning through student engagement with a professionally managed gallery; a nationally significant exhibition program; and mentored student centred learning projects
- create opportunities for AAD staff and post-graduate students to contribute to the research output of the School
- promote the School of Art, Architecture and Design as a centre of excellence and innovation in creative and curatorial practice and critical writing.
Applicant information required
Proposal Cover Page:
- applicant/s name and contact details (phone, postal and email address)
- exhibition title
- brief summary of the exhibition (50 words)
- preferred exhibition dates.
- name of curator/s
- name of participating artists, designers, architects, writers, etc.
- synopsis of the curatorial theme or rationale (250 words)
- brief overview of the exhibition (250 words)
- summary of research aims and specific outcomes (250 words)
- installation and technical requirements
NB: please ensure that the proposal articulates how it aligns with SASA Gallery's aims and objectives.
-brief overview of the collateral material (i.e. catalogue, website, etc.) that you intend to publish (150 words)
-summary of related events: guest lectures, residencies, artist talks, etc. that you intend to develop (150 words)
The budget should include:
- itemised income (indicating sources of cash funds and in-kind contributions)
- itemised expenditure.
Please provide a list of all support material with name, title, date, medium and dimensions and ensure all support material is labelled. The support material should include:
- confirmation that those named have agreed to participate
- curriculum vitae for participating curator/s, artist/s, designer/s, architect/s and writer/s
- 10 images for a solo show, maximum 20 images for a group show, preferably in PowerPoint format
- audio-visual material must be a maximum duration 10 mins
- examples of published texts by writers
- NB: the proposal and support material can all be submitted on a USB or similar memory device, with a covering letter itemising the contents of the submission.
- Support material will not be returned at the conclusion of the selection process.
Proposals are accepted throughout the year.
Please email or send applications to:
K3-27 Kaurna Building, City West Campus
University of South Australia
GPO Box 2471
ADELAIDE SA 5001
For enquires and further information please contact SASAGallery@unisa.edu.au.