The grant will be awarded to the applicant who, in the view of the selection panel, best demonstrates:
- The significance of their research topic;
- How the proposed fieldwork will be relevant to their approved research topic and the significance of the contribution that will make to it; and
- The potential for benefits from the proposed fieldwork, e.g. production of an article for submission to a refereed journal or refereed conference; development of creative art works for exhibition at a nationally or internationally recognised venue; local or other conference presentation; contribution to honours or higher degree program; development of a teaching resources; or potential benefits for the community or profession.
The candidate must:
- Be currently enrolled in one of the following listed higher degree research programs in the Art, Architecture and Design School
- Master of Visual Arts
- Doctor of Philosophy (Visual Arts)
- Master of Design
- Doctor of Philosophy (Design)
- Master of Architecture
- Doctor of Philosophy (Architecture)
- Have had their completed research proposal accepted and have been granted the appropriate ethics and/or safety clearances
- Be making satisfactory progress as indicated in the annual review of progress and/or provide a statement of support from their supervisor
- Present an application explaning how their research project will be enhanced by the travel; and
- Have had that application endorsed by their higher degree supervisor/s.
If you would like to be considered for this award please complete the application form and submit to the AAD Research Team.
Please direct any queries to AADResearch@unisa.edu.au